There are no active competitive bidding opportunities at this time.
If you are interested in purchasing an alcoholic beverage license, please see our list of available licenses.
Recent News from the Alcoholic Beverage Control Division
Filter This Page
Agency Liquor Stores
An agency liquor store is privately owned liquor store under contract with the State of Montana to sell distilled spirits and wine to the public and alcoholic beverage licensees.
Alcoholic Beverage Licenses
- Alcoholic Beverage License Specialist
- Alcoholic Beverage License Codes
- Alcoholic Beverage Retail License Competitive Bidding Process
- Making Changes to an Alcoholic Beverage License
- Airport All-Beverage
- Beer Connoisseur’s License
- Brewery Storage Depot
- Beer and Wine Wholesaler, Distributor, and Importer
- Catering Endorsements
- City All-Beverage
- City Beer and Wine
- County All-Beverage
- County Beer and Wine
- Golf Course Beer and Wine
- Nonprofit Arts Organization Beer and Wine
- Off-Premises Retail Sales
- Passenger Carrier
- Resort All-Beverage
- Restaurant Beer and Wine
- Special Permits
- Veterans or Fraternal Club License
Alcoholic Beverage Taxes
The Montana Department of Revenue administers the state’s licensing, distribution, and taxation on Alcoholic Beverages.
For Alcoholic Beverage Taxes, please select the tax type below.
Outreach and Training
The Alcoholic Beverage Control Division provides support for licensees, agency store owners, and the public through our Alcoholic Beverage Control Outreach and Responsible Alcohol Sales and Service programs.
Links and Information
- Title 16, Montana Code Annotated
- Title 42, Administrative Rules of Montana
- Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau
- TransAction Portal
- Building, Health, and Fire Codes
- License Codes
- Purchase Price Report
- Quota Systems and Quota Sheet
- Quota Area Boundary Maps
- National Alcohol Beverage Control Association (NABCA)
- Montana Tavern Association
- Montana Beer and Wine Distributors Association
- Montana Brewers Association