Alcoholic Beverage License Availability

Stay up-to-date with the Montana Department of Revenue’s news, rules announcements and updates by subscribing to our newsletter.

Filter This Page

Agency Liquor Stores

An agency liquor store is privately owned liquor store under contract with the State of Montana to sell distilled spirits and wine to the public and alcoholic beverage licensees.

Alcoholic Beverage Taxes

The Montana Department of Revenue administers the state’s licensing, distribution, and taxation on Alcoholic Beverages.

For Alcoholic Beverage Taxes, please select the tax type below.

Outreach and Training

The Alcoholic Beverage Control Division provides support for licensees, agency store owners, and the public through our Alcoholic Beverage Control Outreach and Responsible Alcohol Sales and Service programs.

Alcoholic Beverage Control Publications