We will ask you questions about your income tax return. Based on your answers, we will provide a list of tax preparation services you may qualify for.
You are under no obligation to use these options.
You answers are anonymous and cannot be connected to your filed tax return in any way.
If you would rather evaluate your filing options on our own, you can see our Filing Options.
1. What is your filing status?
Are you and your spouse filing together or separately?
2. Are you using an itemized or standard deduction?
3. Do you live in Montana?
4. Are you serving active duty in the military?
5. Are you claiming any tax credits?
Which credits are you claiming?
6. Provide information about your income.
Which of the following income documents do you have?
7. Taxpayer Age
MT QuickFile is a free option for Montana Taxpayers with simple returns provided by the Montana Department of Revenue.
MT QuickFile is available to taxpayers if:
- They are filing single, head of househould, or married filing jointly.
- They are claiming a standard deduction.
- They are a full-time Montana resident.
- They only have income to report on Forms W-2, 1099-INT, or 1099-DIV.
- They are not claiming any credits other than the Montana Elderly Homeowner/Renter Credit.
Free File Alliance Member Offers
The Free File Alliance is a nonprofit coalition of industry-leading tax software companies partnered with Montana to help our taxpayers prepare and e-file their federal and state tax returns for free.
Based on your answers above, you may qualify for the following Free File Alliance Offers: