The Cannabis Control Division has launched two educational courses that are required to be taken annually:
- Identifying, Preventing, and Reporting Human Trafficking
- Rules & Regulations: Legal Sales of Marijuana in Montana
Education will be updating the programs based upon the 2023 Legislative Session update.
Instructions for Accessing our Education Programs
- Go to: https://montanamoodle.org
- Select the DOR Cannabis Legal Sales and Trafficking Education button option.
- Log in to Montana Moodle. If you do not have an Montana Moodle account, please register for an account using your email and a password.
- Check your email Inbox (including Spam and Junk mail folders) to click the link in the confirmation email, enabling you to access the education courses.
- After confirming your email or logging in to Montana Moodle, click on Available Courses in the upper right hand corner of the screen; the 2 required courses will appear. Click on each course to complete and then take the quizzes.
- Participants who are applying to obtain a marijuana worker permit must take the courses and the 2 quizzes, with a minimum passing score of 80%.
*There is no limit to the number of attempts by the participant to pass the quizzes and obtain the certificates.
- Upon receiving a passing grade for the quiz, you will be able to generate and download your certificates. A section will appear that says, “Click Here for Your Certificate of Completion.” Once you click on that link, a certificate will appear to be downloaded. This certificate will also be sent to your email as an attachment.
- Participants should save their certificates in a format that they can readily access (computer, phone picture, etc.).
- Both education certificates are required to be uploaded in the new/renewal worker permit application for TAP. This requirement will be listed in the attachments section as Education Certificates.
- Provide your current certificates to your employer and maintain a copy for your personal records.
If you have questions pertaining to the courses or accessing Moodle, please contact a Cannabis Education Specialist:
- (406) 444-0596