We ask all BTE users to transition to our TransAction Portal (TAP) to continue to manage tax accounts.
Here is what you need to know about managing client accounts in TAP:
- If you manage accounts on behalf of someone else, you will need create a TAP Third-Party logon. This will provide you all the new features and benefits of the TAP Client Accountant Center.
- You will need to set up each individual client’s account under your TAP third-party logon.
- You will have immediate pay access, but an extra step between you and your client is necessary to file returns on their behalf in TAP.
- All account payments and filing history, including the payments submitted through BTE, will be visible on your client’s account.
Here is the help that is available to you:
- Video tutorial on how to create access to your client accounts using TAP.
- Step-by-Step guide on how to gain access to your client accounts using TAP.
- DOR Customer Service DORHelp@mt.gov and (406) 444-6900