Tutorials and Guides
To register for a TransAction Portal (TAP) Account:
- Go to the TransAction Portal
- Click “New User? Set up online access.”
- Select the level of access. You must have an existing account with the Department of Revenue.
- Complete the required fields, including account information and verification.
During the process you will be asked to verify your Department of Revenue account using a recent letter from the department. If you have not received a letter, you will be able to request a letter sent to you to verify your account.
When requesting access to a client’s TransAction Portal (TAP) account, you will need:
- Your TAP login information
- Your client’s account information, including:
- The 13-character alphanumeric account number
- The address associated with the account
- The client’s FEIN
To request 3rd Party Access:
- Log into your TAP account
- On the TAP Account Dashboard, click “Manage My Profile”
- On the Manage My Profile screen, click on the “More” tab
- Click on “Add Third Party Account Access” on the “Access” Card
- On the “Choose Account Type” Step, select tax type for your client’s account
- On the Account Authentication step, fill out the required information regarding your client’s account. This will include the account number, zip code, and additional verification information such as client’s FEIN.
- On the Summary screen, carefully read the statement and mark the checkbox showing you understand the statement and that you have provided accurate information to the best of your knowledge.
- Click Submit
To provide Third Party Access to your TransAction Portal (TAP) account:
- Select “Grant Third Party Account Access from either the Individuals or Businesses Sections on the TAP Home screen.
- Select the account type from the dropdown list on the “Select Your Account Type” screen.
- Complete the information required on the “Verification Information” screen.
- Read the confirmation statement and click the box stating you understand the information is accurate and you are the account owner.
- Click Sumbit
HELP Entity Fee
To file your HELP Entity Fee Return:
- Log into your TransAction Portal account.
- Under “HELP Entity Fee,” click the “Action Center Items” Link
- Under the Action Center, click “File Return”
- Complete the form with all of the necessary information
- Press “Submit”
- You will need to re-enter your password to confirm your submission
- If you choose to make a payment, click “Pay Online” on the confirmation screen