A Tax Certificate shows your business has filed all tax returns and paid all taxes due. There are many reasons you may need to request a Tax Certificate for your business such as being reinstated by the Secretary of State or when applying for a business loan.
How to request a tax certificate
If you are applying for or making changes to an alcohol beverage license, you will need to use the Liquor Division Authorization to Disclose Tax Information Form LIQ-AUTH.
We offer five different Tax Certificates. You may choose one or more based on your need:
- Title 15
- Use a Title 15 Certificate to reinstate your business after it has been involuntarily dissolved by the Secretary of State.
- A Title 15 Certificate is not required for a Single Member LLC if it is not taxed as a corporation.
- Dissolution/Withdrawal Certificate
- Use a Dissolution/Withdrawal Certificate to withdraw your business with the Secretary of State.
- You must still file a final return and pay all taxes owed.
- A Reviver is used to reinstate your business if it has been suspended by the Secretary of State.
- You will also need a Title 15 Certificate.
- Good Standing Certificate
- A Good Standing Certificate shows you have filed all tax returns and paid all taxes owed.
- A Good Standing Certificate may be requested by a bank or other business to show your business does not owe any taxes.
- Tax Clearance Certificate
- A Tax Clearance Certificate may be requested after you have voluntarily dissolved your business.
- The certificate shows you have filed your final tax return and paid all taxes owed.