One Acre Land Calculator

Use this calculator if your primary residence is located on a property larger than one acre. House Bill 222, Section 1 (1), allows you to claim the property tax paid on your primary residence dwelling and surrounding land, not exceeding one acre.

You can lookup the number of land acres associated with your primary residence by using Montana Cadastral.

One acre divided by the number of acres.

If your primary residence surrounding land is less than one acre, you are allowed to claim all the taxes paid on the land.

The amount of property tax paid on land associated with your primary residence can be found on your property tax bill or you can visit your county website.

Enter this amount on your Property Tax Rebate Claim Form in addition to the property taxes paid on your principal residence.