- Minimum Bid
- 75% of Market Value*
*As determined by the department
The Competitive Bidding Process lets people and businesses bid on the opportunity to apply for an available license. The highest bidder meeting all requirements is allowed to apply for the license.
Anyone who wishes to apply must submit their bid through My Revenue.
All bids must include:
- A $100 processing fee plus any possible payment processing fees, and
- An Irrevocable Letter of Credit (ILOC) from a financial institution:
- Issued in the name of the business or one of its individual owners; (HB35 2019)
- Equal to or greater than the bid amount; and
- Good for one year after the competitive bid deadline if bid is won.
The minimum bid is set at 75% of the market value of the license compared to licenses with the same type and privileges sold in the quota area or a similar area.
The competitive bidding process is subject to the Competitive Bidding Process Terms and Conditions (PDF, 216 KB).
Active Bidding Opportunities
The current competitive bidding opportunity runs through .
|Quota Area||License Type||Minimum Bid|
|Due to population increase (census)|
|Missoula||All-alcoholic beverage License Floater||$323,300|
|Bozeman||All-alcoholic beverage license Floater||$371,250|
|Helena||On-premises consumption beer license||$84,066|
|Due to Quota Split|
|Bozeman||On-premises consumption beer licenses||$220,000|
|Hamilton||On-premises consumption beer license||$42,188|
|Belgrade||On-premises consumption beer license||$168,300|
|Due to Lapse|
|Polson||On-premises consumption beer license||$4,575|