The Competitive Bidding Process lets people and businesses bid on the opportunity to apply for an available license. The highest bidder is allowed to apply for the license.
Anyone who wishes to apply must submit their bid through My Revenue.
All bids must include:
- A $100 processing fee, and
- An Irrevocable Letter of Credit (ILOC):
- For the exact same name as the bidder on the electronic form;
- Equal to or greater than the bid amount; and
- Good for one year after the competitive bid deadline.
The minimum bid is set at 75% of the market value of the license compared to licenses with the same type and privileges sold in the quota area or a similar area.
The competitive bidding process is subject to Liquor Competitive Bidding Terms and Conditions (PDF, 270 KB).