Inactive Businesses: File Form INA-CT on TAP

June 6, 2019

Businesses that are not actively conducting business in Montana and would like to maintain good-standing with the Montana Secretary of State must file Form INA-CT for every year in which they have no activity in Montana.

Form INA-CT is valid only for one tax year. It must be filed each year unless an income tax return is required. Review the form’s instructions for more information about eligibility.

Form INA-CT is now available to file on our TransAction Portal (TAP). After June 14, the paper form will no longer be available for download.

Users can file Form INA-CT with or without an account. Authorized representatives will need the FEIN and the Secretary of State ID number of the business (or Social Security Number if the business is a sole proprietorship) to complete the form.

TransAction Portal Banner