What are marijuana concentrates?
Marijuana concentrates are extracted marijuana products that contain high levels of active ingredients from the marijuana plant, including delta-9 THC. Delta-9 THC is a cannabinoid known for its psychoactive effects (producing the feeling of being high).
These concentrates only include select parts of the plant. NOTE: Concentrates are potent in strength and are recommended only to consumers with a higher tolerance to marijuana and/or are experienced consumers.
Concentrates can range from 50% to 98% delta-9 THC. For comparison, marijuana flower typically ranges from 12% to 30% THC.
Concentrates can be consumed by smoking, vaping, and dabbing.
• Dabbing is a method of concentrate consumption where consumers utilize a “dab rig” or pipe specifically designed for concentrates to produce marijuana vapors.
Recommended serving sizes for concentrates are much smaller than compared to marijuana and other marijuana-related products, as they are a more potent form of marijuana.
• Start low and go slow! You can consume more but you can never consumer less.
• Be sure to keep all marijuana and marijuana products locked and stored away from access to minors and pets
• If utilizing a dab rig (or other related device) to consume, concentrates can become extremely hot. Use caution!
Marijuana concentrates are processed into oils, waxes, and additional forms.
Here are a few examples of marijuana concentrates:
Some methods include:
• Using solvents, like propane or butane to isolate the desired active ingredients (chemical manufacturing).
• Pressing marijuana flower with heat or pressure (mechanical manufacturing).
• Separating the desired flower and active ingredients by shaking, grinding, and using cold water. (This typically means the marijuana flower was s flashfrozen to preserve its freshness)