Combined-use licenses are a special license created specifically for Montana’s 8 federally recognized tribes and/or entities majority owned by one of those tribes. These licenses consist of a cultivation and dispensary located at the same premises.
In addition the requirements listed here, cultivators are subject to the General Licensee Requirements.
- There may be a maximum of eight combined-use licenses issued to either a federally recognized tribe located in Montana or a business entity majority owned by a federally recognized tribe located in Montana.
- Combined-use license applications are available starting 1/1/2022.
- Combined-use licenses are subject to statutory restrictions that are different from other licenses:
Additional Application Requirements
- Must meet all General License Application Requirements
- Applications must be submitted through the TransAction Portal (TAP).
- All marijuana business applicants must demonstrate they are located within a jurisdiction that allows their business to operate in accordance with 16-12-301, MCA.
- Applications require a processing fee of 20% of the license fees.
- Application processing fees are non-refundable regardless of the outcome of the application.
Initial licensure and annual fees are $7,500 per year.