Alcoholic Beverage Control Links and Information

We have gathered resources to help licensees and the public understand alcohol laws. We hope that you find this information helpful.

Alcohol Laws and Rules

Alcohol sales and licensing are regulated in Title 16, Montana Code Annotated and Title 42, Administrative Rules of Montana.

Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau

Breweries, Wineries, Distilleries, Wholesalers, Distributors and Importers looking for more information regarding the federal licensing process and requirements including on-line permitting, labeling and other industry questions can go to their website

TransAction Portal (TAP)

You can use the TransAction Portal to:

  • Manage and register an account
  • Find a list of approved beer and wine labels
  • Search a list of licensed businesses, and see:
    • If there is a security interest
    • Who owns the license
    • Who the manager is
    • Where the business is located
  • Verify if a license applicant has been issued authority to operate a temporary license during the application process
TransAction Portal (TAP) v12

Building, Health, and Fire Codes

License Codes

Purchase Price Report

Quota Systems and Quota Sheet

Quota Area Boundary Maps

Other Useful Links