Tobacco and Nicotine Licenses

You must have a tobacco license before you can sell any tobacco or nicotine products in Montana. If you have more than one location, you must have a separate license for each location.

You can register your business and apply for licenses through the eStop Business Licenses Service.

Tobacco Products Retail and Alternative Nicotine or Vapor Retail license fees were updated per SB398, signed by the Governor on May 10, 2021.

Revenue from all licenses goes to the state general fund. (16-11-120 through 16-11-125, MCA)