Required Contaminate Testing
In addition the requirements listed here, testing laboratories are subject to the General Licensee Requirements
Montana testing requirements can be found at ARM 42.39.614.
- cannabinoid profile/potency
- percent moisture
- filth and foreign matter
- residual solvents
General Testing Laboratory Endorsement Requirements
- Certificates of insurance and bonding
- Business license
- Property Owner Permission Form for Laboratories if applicable
- DOR issued worker permit
- Laboratory security/storage plan
- Quality assurance plan
- Standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Validation studies
- Proficiency data/results
- Scientific director resume, transcripts, and references
- ISO17025:2017 accreditation
- Successful inspection
The department laboratory must be notified when:
- Adulterated marijuana is suspected by laboratory samplers.
- A licensee wishes to change laboratories for re-testing or remediating testing.
- Changes in the scientific director listed on the endorsement.
An annual laboratory license fee of $5,000 shall be submitted with the licensure application prior to license expiration.
Forms and Resources
- ISO-IEC 17025:2017
- Property Ownership Permission Form for Laboratories
- Fingerprint and Background Check Instructions
- Privacy Act Statement and Consent to Fingerprint
- Marijuana Testing Laboratory Surety Bond
- Quality Assurance Sampling Protocol for Usable Marijuana, Marijuana Concentrates and Extracts, and Marijuana Infused Products
- Montana Marijuana Regulation and Taxation Act
- ARM 42.39.6 – Testing Laboratories