We will update your taxpayer account information when you file your return, however, if you have already filed your return or need to update your account information at another time during the year, you may do so using the process below.
If you need to change your address only and have already filed a Montana individual income tax return, you may use our Change of Address Form (Form ADD-CH).
Name, Address, or Social Security Number
If you need to change your name, address, or social security number, you can send a signed letter with:
- Your old information
- Your new information
- The date the new information takes effect
- Proof of address and identity:
- A copy of a valid photo ID such as a driver’s license or state identification card
- A piece of mail with your current address, such as a utility bill
If you file a joint return, provide proof of identity for both spouses.
Please send your account updates by:
Montana Department of Revenue
PO Box 5805
Helena, MT 59601-5805
- (406) 444-7723
- TAP Message
- Send us a message by logging into your TransAction Portal account.