The Dependent Care Assistance credit is for a business providing assistance or education to employees with dependents.
An employer carrying on a business, trade, occupation or profession in Montana with qualifying expenditures.
Expenses paid or incurred for one of the following:
- Providing dependent care assistance by a registered or licensed day-care provider to an employee or on an employee’s behalf
- Providing information and referral services to help employees with getting dependent care.
- Dependent Care Assistance
- 25% of the cost for providing assistance up to $1,575 per employee
- Dependent Care Information
- 25% of the costs for providing information and referral services
Dependent care assistance and information credits can be carried forward up to five years.
You may calculate this credit using the Dependent Care Assistance Credits (Form DCAC).