You can pay by
- E-check for free
- Credit or debit card with a transaction fee
Using Income Tax Express
To make payments with Income Tax Express, you will need
- Social Security number
- Tax payment information
- Checking/savings account information, or a credit/debit card
You do not need a login to pay taxes with Income Tax Express.
- Personal Information
- The name and social Security Number for the account you’re paying. These need to match your tax forms. If applicable, include your spouse’s information.
- Tax Payment Information
- Your payment amount and tax year for the payment. You can choose:
- Current year tax payment
- Extension payment
- Estimated payment for the upcoming year
- Statement of Account payment for a bill you received from us
- Payment method
- We accept:
- Direct withdrawal from your checking or savings account with an e-check. There is no transaction fee on e-checks.
- Visa or MasterCard with a small transaction fee. Currently, ITE accepts Visa or MasterCard.
- Payment Submission Screen
- The payment summary screen shows your total tax payment. If paid by credit or debit card, it will also show the fees included in the payment.
Once you have selected the “Submit for Payment” button, payments cannot be canceled.
Montana provides Income Tax Express in partnership with NIC Inc.
Total payment includes a transaction fee for debit or credit card payments.
Funds collected help us develop, maintain, and enhance the state’s official web portal, Montana.Gov.