- New License
- Based on Seating
A Restaurant Beer and Wine License is used by restaurants located in a city or within five miles of a city.
This license lets your restaurant serve beer and table wine between 11:00 AM and 11:00 PM.
A restaurant beer and wine license can’t apply for gambling.
- New License Fee
- Application Processing Fee
- One-time Application Fee
- Renewal Fee
The application processing fee only applies for original applications and is not applied to renewals.
One-time application fee based on seating.
Only restaurants may apply for this license. A restaurant is:
- A public eating place where individually priced meals are prepared and served for on-site dining
- At least 65% of the business’s annual gross income comes from food sales
- A business with
- A dining room
- Employees for meal preparation, cooking, and service
- A business that serves an evening meal
- 4 days per week
- For 2 hours each day
- Between 5:00 PM and 11:00 PM
License Quotas and Limits
The number of restaurant beer and wine licenses available in a city are based on population:
|Population||% of Beer Quota|
|5,000 or less||80%|
|More than 60,000||80%|
Application Options and Dates
Apply for a Restaurant Beer and Wine License using the Alcoholic Beverages – Gambling Operator Combined On-Premises License Application (Form 5), available in our TransAction Portal (TAP).
A restaurant beer and wine license must be renewed every year by June 30.