A Veterans or Fraternal Club License is used by clubs serving:
- Enlisted personnel
- Noncommissioned Officers
This license lets your club:
- Serve all alcoholic beverages, including distilled spirits, wine, and beer
- Apply for gambling
- Be open from 8:00 AM to 2:00 AM
- County New License Fee
- City New License Fee
- Application Processing Fee
- Renewal Fee
The application processing fee only applies for original applications and is not applied to renewals.
To apply for this license, you must have a designated bar area and your club must be:
- Located on a state or federal military reservation on May 13, 1985,
- Any post of a nationally chartered veteran’s organization, or
- Any lodge of a recognized national fraternal organization if it existed more than 5 years before January 1, 1949
A Veterans or Fraternal Club Licenses is nontransferable and non-assignable regarding ownership.
License Quotas and Limits
Quota limits do not apply when considering Veterans or Fraternal Licenses.
Location determines what type of license you need:
- City License
- Used by a club located inside the city limits of an incorporated city or township, or within five miles of the city limits.
- County License
- Used by a club anywhere in a county, except within five miles of a city or township.
Application Options and Dates
Apply for a Veterans of Fraternal Club License using the Alcoholic Beverages – Gambling Operator Combined On-Premises License Application (Form 5), available in our TransAction Portal (TAP).
A veterans or fraternal club license must be renewed every year by June 30.