Alcoholic Beverage License Renewals are due on June 30 for:
- Beer Connoisseur’s Licenses
- Brewery Licenses
- Brewery Storage Depot Licenses
- Distillery Licenses
- Out-of-State and Domestic Winery Licenses
- All On-Premises Retail Licenses
What do you need to know?
- For quicker processing, submit the renewal application and pay online through our TransAction Portal (TAP).
- Complete renewal application and full payment are due June 30 to avoid late penalty fees and denial of renewal.
- Penalty waiver requests must be submitted in writing with the reason for being late. See ARM 42.12.115 for acceptable penalty waiver reasons.
- Renewal application helpful tips:
- The application must be complete, signed, and received before July 1 to be considered received timely to avoid late penalty fees and denial of renewal.
- Any documents required with the application must be received with the renewal application or it is not considered complete. This includes loan documents if you have taken out any loans in the past renewal year.
- Pay special attention to the contact information such as mailing address, phone number, and email to avoid any delays in communication.
- The application must be filled out by a licensee or a duly authorized representative of the licensed entity. It is ultimately the licensee’s responsibility to make sure the renewal application is accurate.
- If you are not open or operating, you must submit a non-use request form to the Alcoholic Beverage Control Division (ABCD) and you still need to complete the renewal application and pay your renewal fee. If you do not wish to renew your license, you must complete a lapse request form. Forms can be found at MTRevenue.gov.
If you do not submit the complete renewal application and pay by July 1, ABCD will issue a compliance verification letter for denial of renewal. You will be assessed a $150 civil penalty fee in addition to any outstanding licensing and late fees owed. You will not receive a current license until this has been resolved or your license may be revoked.