If a taxpayer has filed their return and cannot pay their tax bill in full, they can request to pay in installments.
To request a payment plan:
- Log into the TransAction Portal (TAP).
- Select the Request a Payment Plan option.
- Complete the requested information and submit.
We confirm most requests within 24 business hours.
Penalty and interest continue to be assessed on any unpaid balance until you pay the debt in full.
If a taxpayer has not filed their Montana return and expects to have a balance due, they cannot request a payment plan until the return is submitted and posted on the taxpayer’s account. Payments were due April 15. However, payments can still be submitted.
If you are having issues requesting a payment plan or have additional questions, please contact us at (406) 444-6900.
- Make a payment on our Transaction Portal (TAP).
- E-checks can be submitted without logging in. (no processing fee)
- Credit or Debit Card payments can be submitted by logging in. (processing fee added)
- Send a check. Don’t forget to include the voucher that identifies who the payment is for. Find the payment vouchers in My Revenue.